- Global Energy Infrastructure
Ajay Gupta is the Principal Researcher in the R&D division of Reliance industries Ltd. He has 35 yr of experience in the petroleum and petrochemical industries. His areas of interest include modeling simulations, advanced process control, reactor hydrodynamics, and the scale-up of equipment. Dr. Gupta earned BTech and MTech degrees, as well as his PhD, from IIT–Delhi.
Debottlenecking of an extractive distillation column for aromatics recovery: Effect of feed pre-vaporization
Petrochemicals / Process Optimization / Refining / Aromatics / Carbon Management / Distillation / Engineering & Design / Environment / Equipment / Loss Prevention / Products / Reactors
Extractive distillation is one of the most efficient techniques to separate aromatic and non-aromatic hydrocarbons by increasing the relative volatility of the mixture in the presence of a solvent.
The delayed coking unit (DCU) is the technology of choice for the upgrade of heavy hydrocarbon residues—i.e., bottom-of-the-barrel upgrading.
Flow distribution is widely encountered in refinery operations, such as air distribution to burners, fluid distribution to parallel heat exchangers and the distribution of reactants in reactors.
Liquid-liquid extraction (LLE) is a traditional method used for separating a specific component (solute) from the carrier liquid phase.
Uniform flow distribution inside process equipment is desirable for maximizing performance.
Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is the world’s third-most widely produced commodity polymer, after polyethylene (C<sub>2</sub>H<sub>4</sub>)n and polypropylene (C<sub>3</sub>H<sub>6</sub>)n.
Petrochemicals / Process Optimization / Middle East / Europe / Americas / Asia/Pacific / Refining / Information Systems
The efficient operation and design of any reactor depends on the know-how regarding the chemical reaction and the hydrodynamics inside the reactor.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Virgin Atlantic jet completes maiden transatlantic flight on 100% SAF 12/1
- Alaska Airlines partners with CHOOOSE to empower guests to reduce emissions and support growth of the SAF market 12/1
- India resumes imports of Venezuelan oil, Reliance seeks direct deal 12/1
- Brazil's Petrobras cuts jet fuel prices by around 6% 12/1
- Cosmo Oil and Yokogawa start exploring possibilities for refinery digitalization 12/1
- EPA fines Iowa ethanol producer for alleged clean air act violations 12/1
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group