- Global Energy Infrastructure
Russian wholesale gasoline prices declined, while diesel was stable, with both remaining far below the levels seen on Sept. 21 when Russia introduced a ban on fuel exports to tackle high prices and shortages.
Mexico has put restrictions on the import of dozens of refined petroleum and petrochemical products to curb fuel theft and adulteration including certain types of gasoline and diesel, jet fuel and additives.
Saudi Energy Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman said that acquisitions by major oil firms such as Chevron's $53 B all-stock deal to buy Hess showed that hydrocarbons were here to stay.
Global commodities trader Trafigura is seeking to charter at least one large tanker to export Venezuelan fuel oil, a move that follows this week's easing of U.S. sanctions on the OPEC country's energy industry.
Stockholm will ban gasoline and diesel-powered cars from key parts of the city center from 2025 as it seeks to improve air quality and reduce traffic noise.
Russia's fuel export ban led to an 80% fall in railway exports of gasoline in the first 15 days of October from the same period in September to some 37,000 tons.
U.S. oil refiners have cranked up output of diesel, heating oil and jet fuel for winter but are struggling to turn a profit because gasoline margins have fallen over 80% since the summer driving season ended.
China and India are burning record amounts of fossil fuels this year, even as they also install record renewable power generation capacity, highlighting the slow pace and enormous inertia to be overcome in the energy transition.
The profit for turning a barrel of crude oil into refined fuels in Asia has slipped to the lowest in three months, even though the margin on diesel remains elevated.
Russia's seaborne diesel and gasoil exports fell by 20% to about 1.1 million metric tons in the first 15 days of October from the same period in September due to ongoing seasonal maintenance of refineries and a fuel export ban.
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Virent and Johnson Matthey's SAF breakthrough powers Virgin Atlantic's historic 100% sustainable transatlantic flight 11/29
- EY partners with Aspen Technology to enhance clients’ sustainability, streamline manufacturing, and modernize utility grids 11/29
- MAN Energy Solutions to build reactor for renewable fuels 11/29
- Port Hedland, WA, boosts LNG production and bunkering, aiming for IMO 2050 'zero-emissions' with onboard hydrogen 11/29
- Neste and ENOC Group enter into collaboration to drive SAF initiatives in Dubai and the MENA Region 11/29
- Dow's board of directors approves final investment decision for Path2Zero Project 11/28
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group