- Global Energy Infrastructure
Utku Karani is an Operations Superintendent of FCC, naphtha hydrotreater, SR reformer, diesel/kerosine HT, LPG and gas treating units at Tupras’ Izmir refinery. He has been working in operations and process departments in different roles for 10 yr. Mr. Karani received a BS degree in chemical engineering from METU and an MS degree in engineering management from the Izmir Institute of Technology.
Process Optimization / Refining / Distillation / Engineering & Design / Equipment / Products / Reactors
The first-generation, proprietary feed distributorsa had open-pipe bayonets that were located at the base of the wye section/riser.
Resid units have more than 2 wt% Conradson carbon residue (Concarbon) in feed and more than 5,000 parts per million (ppm) of nickel (Ni) and vanadium (V) on equilibrium catalysts (Ecat).
Environment & Safety / Maintenance & Reliability / Process Optimization / Refining / Analyzers / Catalysts / Corrosion / Distillation / Engineering & Design / Environment / Equipment / Furnaces / Loss Prevention / Products / Reactors / Safety / Treating / Europe
Sulfur oxide additives are typically based on hydrotalcite or magnesium aluminate spinel-type structures. Magnesium alumina is the pickup agent present in the most effective SO<sub>x</sub> additives on the market; therefore, to optimize SO<sub>x</sub> reduction, it is critical to maximize the amount of the critical magnesium component in the fluid catalytic cracking unit (FCCU) in an efficient and cost-effective way.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Virent and Johnson Matthey's SAF breakthrough powers Virgin Atlantic's historic 100% sustainable transatlantic flight 11/29
- EY partners with Aspen Technology to enhance clients’ sustainability, streamline manufacturing, and modernize utility grids 11/29
- MAN Energy Solutions to build reactor for renewable fuels 11/29
- Port Hedland, WA, boosts LNG production and bunkering, aiming for IMO 2050 'zero-emissions' with onboard hydrogen 11/29
- Neste and ENOC Group enter into collaboration to drive SAF initiatives in Dubai and the MENA Region 11/29
- Dow's board of directors approves final investment decision for Path2Zero Project 11/28
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group