- Global Energy Infrastructure
China and the US are the primary drivers for expanded global capacity that is estimated to increase to almost 130 MMtpy by 2020.
The plant will be constructed in close proximity to LUKOIL's petrochemical facility to reduce costs for transportation of feedstock and end products.
Latin America's demand for polyethylene is expanding, but the region's existing and planned PE capacity is expected to fall short of demand.
The excess capacity will help North American converters be more competitive due to the increased competition associated with PE capacity expansions. However, on the producer side, economics will be challenged as global capacity expansions exceed demand growth.
Under the terms of the agreement, Jacobs is providing engineering services for the $100 million investment, which includes installation of a polyester film production line.
BASF’s polyolefin catalysts business includes its LYNX high-activity PE catalyst technologies that are utilized commercially in slurry processes for the production of high-density PE resins.
JBF Petrochemicals is in the process of commissioning a PTA plant with 1.25 MMtpy of capacity, using technology from BP, at Mangalore. The paraxylene will be supplied by OMPL.
Chennai-based Sanmar, a family-owned firm chaired by N Sankar, is one of India's largest producers of polyvinyl chloride (PVC). The firm owns manufacturing facilities in India and Egypt.
LyondellBasell entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Zylog's polypropylene (PP) compounding assets in November 2015, and the deal was formally completed on Thursday.
Petrochemicals / Process Optimization / Project Management / Catalysts / Construction / Economics / Middle East / Polymers
The recent agreement between Iran and the international community represents clear opportunities and challenges for petrochemical producers.
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- ORLEN partners with Yokogawa to develop cutting-edge technology for SAF production 9/22
- Oil prices rise as Russia fuel export ban stokes supply concerns 9/22
- Port Arthur LNG Phase 2 Project receives Federal Energy Regulatory Commission authorization 9/22
- EU set to demand e-fuel cars have no climate impact 9/22
- Ethanol groups slam U.S. EPA advisors for report on fuel's 'minimal' climate benefit 9/22
- China climate envoy says phasing out fossil fuels 'unrealistic' 9/22
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group