- Global Energy Infrastructure
The Russian government is ready to ease a ban on diesel exports in coming days.
Malaysia is considering expansion of its B10 biodiesel program, which requires the mandatory use of 10% palm oil, to the industrial sector.
Russia is setting no time frame for the fuel export ban it introduced last month, and it will remain in place as long as necessary to stabilize prices and address shortages on the domestic market.
Spain's energy minister and the head of the International Energy Agency backed the Netherlands' call for an international coalition to phase out fossil subsidies.
The Indian government increased windfall tax on petroleum crude, while reduced it on aviation turbine fuel and diesel, according to a government notification.
Oil and gas will remain a relevant part of the energy mix until potentially 2050, Musabbeh Al Kaabi, Executive Director of Low Carbon Solutions and International Growth at Abu Dhabi National Oil Company said during an energy conference in Abu Dhabi.
Seaborne diesel and gasoil exports from Russian ports fell 27% in September from a month earlier to about 2.76 million tons due to a major overhaul of refineries and a fuel export ban.
Former Dutch foreign minister Wopke Hoekstra, who is nominated to be the EU's new head of climate change policy, plans to act to phase out fossil fuel subsidies if he takes up the role.
Russia may introduce quotas on overseas fuel exports if a complete export ban imposed last week does not succeed in bringing down persistently high gasoline and diesel prices.
Ultra low-sulfur diesel loadings from the Russian Baltic Sea port of Primorsk are set to fall in October by 80% month on month on a daily basis to 210,000 metric tons from 1.08 Mmt scheduled for September.
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Russia may ease ban on diesel exports soon 10/4
- U.S. energy company HIF Global, Japan's Eneos to explore cooperation in e-fuels 10/4
- Kuwait's Kipic says third refinery at Al Zour oil compound to start operation before end of October 10/4
- India buys less Russian oil while Turkey increases its purchases 10/4
- Belize to launch project to make biofuel from seaweed clogging Caribbean coasts 10/4
- Egypt, Maersk's C2X sign agreement worth up to $3 B for production of green fuel 10/4
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group