- Global Energy Infrastructure
Yeh, G. J.
is a registered professional engineer in the state of Louisiana with 26 years of experience in oil refining, catalyst manufacturing and within the research and development environment. Dr. Yeh is currently working as an engineering specialist in the Process & Control Systems department of Saudi Aramco in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, supporting areas that include catalyst and adsorbent selection, hydrogen plant, hydroprocessing and naphtha reforming. He holds a BS degree in chemical engineering and an ME degree and PhD in chemical and fuels engineering.
A conventional hydrogen (H2) plant in a Middle Eastern refinery was designed to produce 75,000 normal cubed meters per hour (Mnm3/hr) of H2 product with 95% purity with plat offgas feed (platformer offgas mixed with hydrocracker offgas).
Maintenance & Reliability / Process Optimization / Refining / Americas / Asia/Pacific / Construction / Corrosion / Engineering & Design / Equipment / Europe / Middle East / Pumps / Safety
A Middle East refinery installed a hydrogen plant that was designed to produce 20,000 Nm3/hr of pure hydrogen (H2) to support a diesel hydrotreater. The unit was commissioned in 2006. This H2 plant wa..
Most operational problems in the hydrogen plant occur at the steam reformer. The steam reformer is typically operated at high temperatures (810°C process gas) and high pressures (20 atmg) to maxi..
Analytical results showed that potash leached from the catalyst, refractory powder, corrosion products and, to a lesser extent, catalyst fines resulted in tube fouling
Common-sense guidelines detail when it is beneficial to reuse catalysts
Using a rigorous refinery-wide simulation, a refiner moved more low-value products into value-added end products
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Dow's board of directors approves final investment decision for Path2Zero Project 11/28
- Yokogawa and FPT Software ink global partnership to advance DX solution offerings 11/28
- Topsoe selected by Santa Maria Renewable Resources to deliver technology for renewable fuels project in Texas (U.S.) 11/28
- Black Sea storm disrupts Russian and Kazakh oil exports 11/28
- Arkona Allied Container's 'Enviro Feeder' methanol-fueled fleet sets sail in 2025-2026 11/28
- Virgin Atlantic jet takes off for maiden transatlantic flight on low-carbon fuel 11/28
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group