- Global Energy Infrastructure
Kumar Dhar, P.
Pradyut Kumar Dhar is an Assistant Manager at Hindustan Petroleum Corp. Ltd.’s research and development (HPCL’s R&D) hydroprocessing group. He holds an MTech degree in chemical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) at Kanpur and a BE degree in chemical engineering from Jadavpur University in Kolkata. He has 5 yr of research experience in hydroprocessing, and his areas of interest include process intensification and hydroprocessing technology development.
Vegetable oils are a renewable biomass resource used in the production of biofuels. Biodiesel production from transesterification of vegetable oils (fatty acid methyl ester, or FAME) is the primary route for producing biofuels from vegetable oils.
Through research and development (R&D), the commercial application of a mixed-solvent (MS) approach using a mixture of different co-solvents resulted in higher lube raffinate yields without affecting the lube oil quality.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Virent and Johnson Matthey's SAF breakthrough powers Virgin Atlantic's historic 100% sustainable transatlantic flight 11/29
- EY partners with Aspen Technology to enhance clients’ sustainability, streamline manufacturing, and modernize utility grids 11/29
- MAN Energy Solutions to build reactor for renewable fuels 11/29
- Port Hedland, WA, boosts LNG production and bunkering, aiming for IMO 2050 'zero-emissions' with onboard hydrogen 11/29
- Neste and ENOC Group enter into collaboration to drive SAF initiatives in Dubai and the MENA Region 11/29
- Dow's board of directors approves final investment decision for Path2Zero Project 11/28
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group