- Global Energy Infrastructure
G. Valavarasu leads the hydroprocessing group as Deputy General Manager at HPCL’s R&D center in Bangalore. He holds a PhD in chemical engineering from Anna University in Chennai and has more than 22 yr of R&D experience in refining processes. He has published or presented approximately 50 research works for several international journals and conferences. Dr. Valavarasu is responsible for building the state-of-the-art hydroprocessing lab at HPCL’s R&D center in Bangalore. His research work also led to the commercial application of several processes in the refinery.
Vegetable oils are a renewable biomass resource used in the production of biofuels. Biodiesel production from transesterification of vegetable oils (fatty acid methyl ester, or FAME) is the primary route for producing biofuels from vegetable oils.
Through research and development (R&D), the commercial application of a mixed-solvent (MS) approach using a mixture of different co-solvents resulted in higher lube raffinate yields without affecting the lube oil quality.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Russia's seaborne diesel exports rose in November with the ban lifted and increased production 12/4
- Vietjet and Novus Aviation Capital sign MoUs for aircraft financing, leasing, and SAF development 12/4
- Virgin Atlantic jet completes maiden transatlantic flight on 100% SAF 12/1
- Alaska Airlines partners with CHOOOSE to empower guests to reduce emissions and support growth of the SAF market 12/1
- India resumes imports of Venezuelan oil, Reliance seeks direct deal 12/1
- Brazil's Petrobras cuts jet fuel prices by around 6% 12/1
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group