- Global Energy Infrastructure
U.S. Assistant Secretary for Energy Resources Geoffrey Pyatt said Russia would never again be viewed as a reliable energy supplier, a day after Washington imposed fresh sanctions on Moscow because of its war in Ukraine.
Russia's seaborne oil product exports fell 2.5% in September from August to 9.456 Mmt due to seasonal maintenance of refineries and a fuel export ban late in the month.
Asia/Pacific / Economics / Engineering & Design / Middle East / Petrochemicals / Crude oil / Refining
Saudi Aramco is in talks to buy a 10% stake in Shandong Yulong Petrochemical Co in a deal that would further boost the state oil giant's investments in China.
India wants Saudi Arabia's Aramco to participate in its planned 6.5 Mmt strategic petroleum reserve program as the South Asian nation wants to strengthen ties with its key oil supplier.
Mexican state-owned oil company Pemex expects to process 1.16 million barrels of crude oil per day by the end of 2023, a goal which would represent significant growth from current refining levels.
Kuwait's al-Zour refinery will operate at full capacity of 615,000 bpd within days.
India's fuel consumption dropped 2% month-on-month in September, data from the Petroleum Planning and Analysis Cell of the oil ministry showed.
OPEC heavyweights said oil and gas should not be stigmatized in the climate debate and that the industry had a role to play in an orderly energy transition.
Indonesia may seek a new partner for state-run Pertamina's refinery project in Tuban, East Java, due to uncertainty over its partnership with Russia's Rosneft.
Private Russian oil producer Lukoil will lend Azeri state oil firm Socar $1.5 B as part of a broader deal that will allow Socar's 200,000-barrel-per-day Turkish STAR refinery to process Russian crude again.
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Lummus and Toshiba announce partnership for advanced carbon capture solutions 12/5
- Two new petrochemical plants are coming online in India 12/5
- Repsol supplies green jet fuel for Inditex's air freight in Spain 12/5
- Outokumpu and Alfa Laval join forces to reduce emissions in stainless steel production 12/5
- Eight Texas (U.S.) chemical plant workers treated for toxic gas exposure 12/5
- CLARITY – Clariant’s service portal digitally boosts technical support for 80+ catalyst customers worldwide 12/5
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group