- Global Energy Infrastructure
Ken McIntush, P.E., is a practicing chemical engineer and President of Trimeric Corp. He has about 30 yr of varied process engineering experience serving clients in many different industries, including oil refining and upstream oil and gas. Mr. McIntush’s responsibilities include technology screening studies, troubleshooting, debottlenecking and other projects. He earned a BS degree in chemical engineering from Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas.
Maintenance & Reliability / Process Optimization / Refining / Desulfurization / Engineering & Design / Equipment / Hydrotreating / Loss Prevention / Sulfur / Treating
Sour water stripping is a common process in petroleum refineries and other processes where hydrogen sulfide (H<sub>2</sub>S) is present.
Gas Processing/LNG / Maintenance & Reliability / Process Optimization / Refining / Acid Gas Removal / Carbon Management / Corrosion / Crude oil / Desulfurization / Engineering & Design / Environment / Equipment / Heat Transfer / Hydrocracking / Natural Gas / Sulfur
A sour water stripper (SWS) system is a common process in petroleum refineries and other processes where hydrogen sulfide is present.
For many sour gas streams present in a flare header, less expensive options than flare gas recovery may exist. The compressors, liquids management, downstream treating and other systems required for flare gas recovery (FGR) can be expensive to install and/or operate reliably. Some refineries allow the flaring of sweet gases.
Environment & Safety / Gas Processing/LNG / Process Optimization / Refining / Acid Gas Removal / Americas / Analyzers / Asia/Pacific / Desulfurization / Economics / Engineering & Design / Environment / Equipment / Europe / Gas to liquids (GTL) / Loss Prevention / Middle East / Natural Gas / Safety / Sulfur / Treating
Data shows potential harmful effects to workers due to acid gas exposure
Nonaqueous sulfur recovery techniques also reduce hydrogen losses
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Indonesia allots 13.41 MM kiloliters of biodiesel for mandatory blending in 2024 12/7
- Heidelberg University and BASF extend collaboration at jointly operated catalysis laboratory CaRLa for five more years 12/7
- EU regulators fine ethanol producer Lantmannen $51 MM over ethanol benchmarks cartel 12/7
- India curbs ethanol production from cane juice to boost sugar supplies 12/7
- Venezuela's PDVSA authorizes first two oil cargoes to India after sanctions relief 12/7
- P1 Fuels and Carbon Recycling International sign contract to deliver e-fuel production unit to Germany 12/7
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group