- Global Energy Infrastructure
Jasra, R. V.
Raksh Vir Jasra, Senior VP (R&D) at Reliance Industries Ltd., is a world-renowned catalysis, adsorption and nanomaterials scientist. Dr. Jasra achieved his PhD from Indian Institute of Delhi (IIT), Delhi, his post graduate degree from Delhi University, and was a post-doctoral fellow at Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine at London. He has developed 66 chemical processes, 27 of which were commercialized in industry. He has published 325 research articles and has 288 granted patents, including 68 U.S. patents. Dr. Jasra is a Fellow of the Indian National Science Academy and Indian National Academy of Engineering, and was given the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Indian Chemical Society. Dr. Jasra is also featured among the world’s top 2% of scientists in the field of physical chemistry for the years 2020 and 2021 as per a study by Stanford University.
Aromatics—specifically, benzene, toluene and xylenes (BTX)—are the basic building blocks for most petrochemical derivatives and commodities chemicals.
Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL) manufactures para-diethylbenzene (PDEB) at one of its plants by alkylation of ethylbenzene (EB) with ethylene, using RIL's own technology and super-selective catalyst.
Petrochemicals / Process Optimization / Analyzers / Information Systems / Naphtha / Polymers / Asia/Pacific
Olefins are major building blocks for petrochemicals. Due to their reactivity and versatility, there has been tremendous growth in the demand for olefins, especially for light olefins such as ethylene, propylene, butenes and 1,3-butadiene, etc.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Digital Feature: Guiding a chopper valve application 11/30
- U.S. ethanol industry needs carbon capture to feed aviation fuel market 11/30
- Air Liquide selected for development of a large scale SAF project in the UK 11/30
- WTO agrees dispute panel to review EU import duties on Indonesian biodiesel 11/30
- Certification of the recyclability of multilayer films containing polyamide expanded 11/30
- Net-zero chemicals industry initiative relaunches as the Global Impact Coalition 11/30
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group