- Global Energy Infrastructure
Lines, J. R.
Jim Lines is an Engineer recently retired from Graham Corp., where he worked for 37 yr in various engineering and management positions. Lines has authored numerous articles related to heat transfer, vacuum process condensers and ejector systems.
A fuels-oriented crude oil refinery must have good performance from its vacuum distillation section to deliver targeted yield and throughput.
Environment & Safety / Maintenance & Reliability / Petrochemicals / Process Optimization / Refining / Engineering & Design / Equipment / Loss Prevention / Products / Rotating Equipment / Americas
Steam-surface condensers are used throughout the refining, petrochemical and chemical industries.
Maintenance & Reliability / Process Control / Refining / Crude oil / Economics / Engineering & Design / Furnaces / Heat Transfer
The crude oil refining and petrochemical industries make extensive use of condensers that operate under vacuum (i.e., below atmospheric pressure). Distillation is the most common process using these condensers, either as a process precondenser ahead of an ejector system, or as an intercondenser within an ejector system.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- China Shipbuilding’s and Lemissoler’s first methanol-fueled Ultramax bulk carrier receives ABS approval 12/8
- RTX's Pratt & Whitney Canada and Leonardo achieve first 100% SAF flight with AW139 helicopter 12/8
- Maersk to deploy first large methanol-enabled vessel on Asia - Europe trade lane 12/8
- Shell sees $6 B in oil and gas investments in Nigeria 12/8
- Mexico's Pemex eyeing later refinery start-up date, months after initial announcement 12/8
- Indonesia's Pertamina starts carbon injection tests in Sukowati oil and gas field 12/8
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group