- Global Energy Infrastructure
Lines, J. R.
Jim Lines is an Engineer recently retired from Graham Corp., where he worked for 37 yr in various engineering and management positions. Lines has authored numerous articles related to heat transfer, vacuum process condensers and ejector systems.
A fuels-oriented crude oil refinery must have good performance from its vacuum distillation section to deliver targeted yield and throughput.
Environment & Safety / Maintenance & Reliability / Petrochemicals / Process Optimization / Refining / Engineering & Design / Equipment / Loss Prevention / Products / Rotating Equipment / Americas
Steam-surface condensers are used throughout the refining, petrochemical and chemical industries.
Maintenance & Reliability / Process Control / Refining / Crude oil / Economics / Engineering & Design / Furnaces / Heat Transfer
The crude oil refining and petrochemical industries make extensive use of condensers that operate under vacuum (i.e., below atmospheric pressure). Distillation is the most common process using these condensers, either as a process precondenser ahead of an ejector system, or as an intercondenser within an ejector system.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Digital Exclusive: Bio-based aromatics give pathway to drop-in 100% SAF 12/4
- Digital Feature: Enhancing ethylene cracker radiant tube integrity through innovative robotic inspection 12/4
- Suez Canal and Scatec sign $1.1-B green methanol MoU 12/4
- Kuwait's al-Zour refinery now fully operational 12/4
- Petroecuador says crude oil output surpasses 400,000 bpd 12/4
- Russia's seaborne diesel exports rose in November with the ban lifted and increased production 12/4
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group