- Global Energy Infrastructure
Voolapalli, R. K.
Ravi Kumar Voolapalli is the Chief General Manager at BPCL’s R&D Center in India. He has more than 30 yr of research experience. Dr. Voolapalli has published more than 50 papers in reputed international journals and conferences, and has contributed to several patents and applications. He authored a chapter on “Fluid Catalytic Cracking” in the Handbook of Petroleum and Natural Gas Refining and Processing, ASTM manual series (2013). His areas of research interest are refinery and petrochemical processes, coal/gas-to-liquid technologies, syngas-to-methanol/DME, modeling, simulation, scale-up and optimization. He earned a BTech degree in chemical engineering from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam; an MTech degree in chemical engineering from IIT Kanpur; and a PhD from the Imperial College of London.
Web-based software for predicting crude compatibility and optimization for increasing heavy oil processing
Environment & Safety / Process Optimization / Refining / Analyzers / Corrosion / Distillation / Economics / Engineering & Design / Environment / Equipment / Gasoline / Information Systems / Management / Products / Reactors / Treating / Asia/Pacific
Refineries in oil-importing nations typically process a blend of crude oils, rather than a single crude oil, to ensure that an optimum product mix can be obtained at the minimum costs.
Process Optimization / Refining / Americas / Asia/Pacific / Crude oil / Diesel / Environment / Europe / Hydrocracking / Hydrogen / Middle East
This simplified approach facilitates screening of crude oil baskets for refiners.
Petrochemicals / Process Optimization / Refining / Americas / Asia/Pacific / Catalysts / Europe / Middle East
Selecting optimum conditions for fluid catalytic cracking requires micro activity testing through an improved method
Simple method dynamically optimizes E-catalyst activity in fluid catalytic crackers
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Dow's board of directors approves final investment decision for Path2Zero Project 11/28
- Yokogawa and FPT Software ink global partnership to advance DX solution offerings 11/28
- Topsoe selected by Santa Maria Renewable Resources to deliver technology for renewable fuels project in Texas (U.S.) 11/28
- Black Sea storm disrupts Russian and Kazakh oil exports 11/28
- Arkona Allied Container's 'Enviro Feeder' methanol-fueled fleet sets sail in 2025-2026 11/28
- Virgin Atlantic jet takes off for maiden transatlantic flight on low-carbon fuel 11/28
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group