- Global Energy Infrastructure
Sushant Gupta has more than 15 yr of experience in the energy industry, with a strong focus on the refining, crude oil and chemicals industries. Mr. Gupta is head of Wood Mackenzie’s Asia group, which is responsible for analysis of key trends and issues in the oil and refining markets, both regionally and globally. He has authored several research and consulting reports. Prior to joining Wood Mackenzie, Mr. Gupta worked for Singapore Refining Co., where he gained extensive experience in crude evaluation and purchase, refinery production planning, refinery economics and product supply planning. He also has more than 3 yr of experience with Schenectady International Group, a leading petrochemicals manufacturer in India. He earned a First Class MS degree in chemical engineering from the National University of Singapore.
Americas / Asia/Pacific / Middle East / Aromatics / Construction / Crude oil / Economics / Environment / Hydrogen / Naphtha / Natural Gas / Petrochemicals / Polymers / Products / Refining
For most oil refiners and chemical producers, the need to improve margins and remain competitive has never been greater.
Petrochemicals / Process Optimization / Refining / Americas / Aromatics / Asia/Pacific / Crude oil / Desulfurization / Diesel / Economics / Environment / Europe / Gasoline / Middle East / Naphtha / Natural Gas / Polymers
The global refining industry is struggling with overcapacity even after the closure of 3.5 MMbpd of capacity since 2011. Accordingly, global refining margins are expected to weaken in the coming years..
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Digital Feature: Guiding a chopper valve application 11/30
- U.S. ethanol industry needs carbon capture to feed aviation fuel market 11/30
- Air Liquide selected for development of a large scale SAF project in the UK 11/30
- WTO agrees dispute panel to review EU import duties on Indonesian biodiesel 11/30
- Certification of the recyclability of multilayer films containing polyamide expanded 11/30
- Net-zero chemicals industry initiative relaunches as the Global Impact Coalition 11/30
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group