- Global Energy Infrastructure
Whalen, J. K.
PE, is the chief engineer for John Crane. He is a member of STLE, ASME and the Vibration Institute. Mr. Whalen is also a member of the Turbomachinery Symposium Advisory Committee and is a registered professional engineer in the state of Texas. He holds a BS degree in mechanical engineering from the Rochester Institute of Technology. He worked for Dresser Rand, where he was involved in large turbine engineering and rotordynamics. Mr. Whalen joined Centritech Corp. in 1988 and helped form Turbo Components and Engineering in 1991.
Maintenance & Reliability / Process Optimization / Americas / Asia/Pacific / Compressors / Drivers / Engineering & Design / Equipment / Europe / Middle East / Motors / Rotating Equipment / Safety
Degradation of labyrinth seals in centrifugal impellers can have a significant impact on not only compressor power consumption but also on plant production rate. Upgrading to rub-tolerant seals can be..
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- China Shipbuilding’s and Lemissoler’s first methanol-fueled Ultramax bulk carrier receives ABS approval 12/8
- RTX's Pratt & Whitney Canada and Leonardo achieve first 100% SAF flight with AW139 helicopter 12/8
- Maersk to deploy first large methanol-enabled vessel on Asia - Europe trade lane 12/8
- Shell sees $6 B in oil and gas investments in Nigeria 12/8
- Mexico's Pemex eyeing later refinery start-up date, months after initial announcement 12/8
- Indonesia's Pertamina starts carbon injection tests in Sukowati oil and gas field 12/8
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group