- Global Energy Infrastructure
Peter Kauders studied Natural Sciences and Chemical Engineering at Cambridge University and worked in the UK chemical industry before embarking on a career in engineering and construction in the exploration, gas processing, refining and petrochemical industries. In 2012, he started developing conceptual design emulation (CDE), a computer system that uses mathematics and logic to mimic the steps taken by an engineering team in process plant design. His present research interest is the barriers to undertaking preliminary engineering design directly from a process simulator.
Environment & Safety / Process Optimization / Refining / Carbon Management / Catalysts / Construction / Crude oil / Distillation / Economics / Engineering & Design / Environment / Gasoline / Hydrocracking / Hydrogen / Loss Prevention / Natural Gas / Octane / Polymers
An innovative refinery process arrangementa converts butane-rich, light paraffinic streams—preferably containing a high proportion of isobutane—into butylene by dehydrogenation.
Environment & Safety / Carbon Management / Catalysts / Distillation / Engineering & Design / Environment / Equipment / Heat Transfer / Maintenance & Reliability / Process Optimization / Refining / Loss Prevention / Reactors / Safety
The plate-and-shell (P&S) heat exchanger has three significant advantages over the shell-and-tube (S&T) type traditionally used in refinery processes.
Maintenance & Reliability / Process Optimization / Refining / Construction / Crude oil / Distillation / Economics / Engineering & Design / Environment / Equipment / Heat Transfer / Loss Prevention / Management / Natural Gas / Products
Plate-and-frame (P&F) heat exchangers were first manufactured 100 yr ago for use in the dairy industry.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Russia may ease ban on diesel exports soon 10/4
- U.S. energy company HIF Global, Japan's Eneos to explore cooperation in e-fuels 10/4
- Kuwait's Kipic says third refinery at Al Zour oil compound to start operation before end of October 10/4
- India buys less Russian oil while Turkey increases its purchases 10/4
- Belize to launch project to make biofuel from seaweed clogging Caribbean coasts 10/4
- Egypt, Maersk's C2X sign agreement worth up to $3 B for production of green fuel 10/4
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group