- Global Energy Infrastructure
Sultan Ahamad is a Senior Fired Heater Specialist at Bechtel Corp. in Houston, Texas. He has more than 20 yr of experience in the design, engineering and troubleshooting of fired heaters and combustion systems for the refining, petrochemical and LNG industries. He graduated from the Indian Institute of Technology in Roorkee, India with a degree in chemical engineering. He is a member of the API subcommittee on heat transfer equipment and contributes to the development of API standards and recommended practices. He is also a member of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME). Mr. Ahamad has published and presented several papers on fired heaters and related subjects.
Fired heaters are designed with castable refractory in various sections of the heater.
During the operation of process fired heaters, the potential exists for sudden interruption of process flow.
Environment & Safety / Maintenance & Reliability / Construction / Corrosion / Engineering & Design / Environment / Equipment / Heat Transfer / Rotating Equipment / Refining
In any process plant, fired heaters are generally considered to be one of the most optimally designed pieces of equipment.
Petrochemicals / Refining / Americas / Asia/Pacific / Europe / Furnaces / Heat Transfer / Middle East
Recent environmental regulations mandate that refinery and petrochemical industries reduce nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions. Emissions legislations are constantly under review, and they differ from coun..
Process Optimization / Refining / Americas / Asia/Pacific / Environment / Europe / Furnaces / Heat Transfer / Middle East
Process heaters are the largest consumers of energy in most plants. A refinery, on average, burns approximately 2 billion Btu/hr of fuel in fired heaters. The total quantity of fuel burned (heat relea..
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Indonesia allots 13.41 MM kiloliters of biodiesel for mandatory blending in 2024 12/7
- Heidelberg University and BASF extend collaboration at jointly operated catalysis laboratory CaRLa for five more years 12/7
- EU regulators fine ethanol producer Lantmannen $51 MM over ethanol benchmarks cartel 12/7
- India curbs ethanol production from cane juice to boost sugar supplies 12/7
- Venezuela's PDVSA authorizes first two oil cargoes to India after sanctions relief 12/7
- P1 Fuels and Carbon Recycling International sign contract to deliver e-fuel production unit to Germany 12/7
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group