- Global Energy Infrastructure
Thomas Murphy is CEO of Valuation Risk & Strategy LLC, an interdisciplinary consulting firm established in 1995 to measure the value and assess the risk embedded in alternative technologies and chemical processes for energy and energy-intensive industries. Prior to this role, he was a research chemical engineer with the DuPont Company. An expert in derivatives and complex financial models, Dr. Murphy’s experience includes 11 yr of hands-on experience in chemical process engineering and production management. He earned a BS degree in chemical engineering (with distinction) from Clarkson University, a PhD in quantitative finance and a JD degree in technology management law at Syracuse University.
Environment & Safety / Process Optimization / Refining / Carbon Management / Desulfurization / Economics / Engineering & Design / Environment / Gasoline / Loss Prevention / Naphtha / Products / Sulfur / Treating / Americas
Despite the forecasted trend of declining demand for transportation fuels, many markets still depend heavily on these crude oil derivatives to sustain economic activity.
Environment & Safety / Refining / Crude oil / Desulfurization / Diesel / Distillation / Economics / Engineering & Design / Equipment / Gasoline / Products / Reactors / Treating
One of the biggest challenges to the crude oil refining industry over the past decades is the development of technologies capable of reducing the environmental impact of crude oil derivatives, while also raising their performance.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- China Shipbuilding’s and Lemissoler’s first methanol-fueled Ultramax bulk carrier receives ABS approval 12/8
- RTX's Pratt & Whitney Canada and Leonardo achieve first 100% SAF flight with AW139 helicopter 12/8
- Maersk to deploy first large methanol-enabled vessel on Asia - Europe trade lane 12/8
- Shell sees $6 B in oil and gas investments in Nigeria 12/8
- Mexico's Pemex eyeing later refinery start-up date, months after initial announcement 12/8
- Indonesia's Pertamina starts carbon injection tests in Sukowati oil and gas field 12/8
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group