- Global Energy Infrastructure
Risko, J. R.
James R. Risko is President of TLV Corp. and has 41 yr of industry experience. He is active in the standards and technical writing activities of the Fluid Controls Institute (FCI), where he previously served as the organization’s Chairman, Standards Chair and Chair of the secondary pressure drainer and steam trap sections. He holds an MBA from Wilkes University, and two BS degrees in mathematics/education and business administration/accounting from Kutztown University. Mr. Risko has earned three energy management certifications from the Association of Energy Engineers, North Carolina State University and the Institute of Energy Professionals, and is the author of more than 40 articles related to steam and condensate systems.
Part 1 of this article, which appeared in the January 2019 issue of Hydrocarbon Processing, discussed how new plant construction includes expectations for optimized production performance to achieve targeted profitability.
New plant construction includes expectations for optimized production performance to achieve targeted profitability. After a capital investment decision is made to build a new plant, it can take years to secure critical items, including property, permits, technology licensors, front-end engineering and design (FEED), staffing, training, engineering and procurement for final design and construction.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Virent and Johnson Matthey's SAF breakthrough powers Virgin Atlantic's historic 100% sustainable transatlantic flight 11/29
- EY partners with Aspen Technology to enhance clients’ sustainability, streamline manufacturing, and modernize utility grids 11/29
- MAN Energy Solutions to build reactor for renewable fuels 11/29
- Port Hedland, WA, boosts LNG production and bunkering, aiming for IMO 2050 'zero-emissions' with onboard hydrogen 11/29
- Neste and ENOC Group enter into collaboration to drive SAF initiatives in Dubai and the MENA Region 11/29
- Dow's board of directors approves final investment decision for Path2Zero Project 11/28
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group