- Construction Boxscore
Risko, J. R.
James R. Risko is President of TLV Corp. and has 41 yr of industry experience. He is active in the standards and technical writing activities of the Fluid Controls Institute (FCI), where he previously served as the organization’s Chairman, Standards Chair and Chair of the secondary pressure drainer and steam trap sections. He holds an MBA from Wilkes University, and two BS degrees in mathematics/education and business administration/accounting from Kutztown University. Mr. Risko has earned three energy management certifications from the Association of Energy Engineers, North Carolina State University and the Institute of Energy Professionals, and is the author of more than 40 articles related to steam and condensate systems.
Part 1 of this article, which appeared in the January 2019 issue of Hydrocarbon Processing, discussed how new plant construction includes expectations for optimized production performance to achieve targeted profitability.
New plant construction includes expectations for optimized production performance to achieve targeted profitability. After a capital investment decision is made to build a new plant, it can take years to secure critical items, including property, permits, technology licensors, front-end engineering and design (FEED), staffing, training, engineering and procurement for final design and construction.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Yokogawa invests in and signs memorandum on business partnership with Tsubame BHB 2/21
- Russia's Feb oil exports from western ports seen around 8.2 MMt 2/21
- Vitol buys first naphtha cargo from Nigeria's Dangote oil refinery 2/21
- Technip Energies invests in the United Airlines Ventures Sustainable Flight Fund 2/21
- KT awarded Eni contract for hydrogen production in Livorno plant biorefinery conversion 2/21
- Asia's SAF projects and agreements 2/20
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group