- Global Energy Infrastructure
Dr. S. Sakthivel has worked as a Senior Technologist (Process) at Tata Consulting Engineers Ltd. since 2009. He completed a BTech degree in chemical engineering, an MTech degree in Petroleum Refining and Petrochemicals (PRPC) from Anna University, and a PhD in chemical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT-D). He has experience in process engineering, optimization and development; technology analysis, screening and selection; technoeconomic analysis; basic, applied and market research; design of laboratory and pilot experimental setup; process hazard analysis; planning and data management; and powder science and technology. He has published a number of research and technical papers in national and peer-reviewed international journals.
Fine particles are usually collected by dry collectors, wet collectors, electrostatic precipitators and filters, at the commercial level.
The products we use on a daily basis comprise a variety of chemicals.
In Part 1 of this article, published in April, the barriers of petrochemical production in India were discussed, along with the opportunity to explore chemicals from coal, using the specific example of polyvinyl chloride (PVC).
Contemporary routes to the production of polymers usually involve setting up world-scale ethylene crackers with typical capacities of 0.7 MMtpy–1.5 MMtpy.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Virent and Johnson Matthey's SAF breakthrough powers Virgin Atlantic's historic 100% sustainable transatlantic flight 11/29
- EY partners with Aspen Technology to enhance clients’ sustainability, streamline manufacturing, and modernize utility grids 11/29
- MAN Energy Solutions to build reactor for renewable fuels 11/29
- Port Hedland, WA, boosts LNG production and bunkering, aiming for IMO 2050 'zero-emissions' with onboard hydrogen 11/29
- Neste and ENOC Group enter into collaboration to drive SAF initiatives in Dubai and the MENA Region 11/29
- Dow's board of directors approves final investment decision for Path2Zero Project 11/28
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group