- Global Energy Infrastructure
Maintenance & Reliability / Petrochemicals / Process Optimization / Americas / Aromatics / Asia/Pacific / Corrosion / Engineering & Design / Europe / Furnaces / Heat Transfer / Middle East
Unusual pink coloration was noticed on the entire refractory brick wall in the radiant section of an ethylene cracking furnace of a petrochemical plant. The problem was investigated by evaluating the ..
Frequent failures of the waste spray nozzles in incinerators result in accelerated degradation of the refractory lining, requiring unscheduled shutdowns for repairs. A study was carried out to identify the factors that contributed to the nozzle failure and to prevent the reoccurrence of similar failures in the future.
Maintenance & Reliability / Process Optimization / Americas / Asia/Pacific / Boilers / Construction / Corrosion / Drying / Engineering & Design / Europe / Furnaces / Heat Transfer / Middle East / Safety / Utilities
A leak developed on the water wall for several boiler tubes within five months of the commissioning of a plant boiler. In this case, the boiler tubes were partially covered with a castable refractory ..
Tips help maintenance and operations care and maintain refractory products in high-temperature operations
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Digital Feature: Guiding a chopper valve application 11/30
- U.S. ethanol industry needs carbon capture to feed aviation fuel market 11/30
- Air Liquide selected for development of a large scale SAF project in the UK 11/30
- WTO agrees dispute panel to review EU import duties on Indonesian biodiesel 11/30
- Certification of the recyclability of multilayer films containing polyamide expanded 11/30
- Net-zero chemicals industry initiative relaunches as the Global Impact Coalition 11/30
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group