- Global Energy Infrastructure
James Daughtry is a retired regional commercial manager in the GAS/SPEC Technology Group of INEOS. He has a wide range of experiences in gas processing, from corrosion inhibitor research to process optimization of amine plants and amine sales. Prior to joining INEOS GAS/SPEC in 2000, he worked for Dow Chemical USA for 32 yr, specializing in epoxy manufacturing, research, technical service and development. While at Dow, he was a founding member of the GAS/SPEC Technology Group in 1983. Mr. Daughtry has coauthored several papers on gas processing and one paper on vinyl ester corrosion for the Society of Plastic Industry. He holds a BS degree in chemistry from the University of Houston in Clear Lake, Texas.
Environment & Safety / Gas Processing/LNG / Maintenance & Reliability / Acid Gas Removal / Corrosion / Engineering & Design / Environment / Equipment / Americas / Pumps / Safety / Sulfur / Treating
Past corrosion incidents provide insight into the causes of corrosion and the preventive actions required to protect plant equipment and reduce costly plant downtime.
Acid Gas Removal / Environment & Safety / Gas Processing/LNG / Maintenance & Reliability / Boilers / Corrosion / Engineering & Design / Environment / Equipment / Loss Prevention / Natural Gas / Piping / Products / Sulfur / Treating / Americas
Lost production from corrosion costs the oil and gas industry more than $1 B/yr.1
The total annual cost of corrosion in the oil and gas production industry is estimated to be $1.372 B.1 More significantly, failures due to corrosion can result in environmental releases and injury or death of plant personnel.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- ORLEN partners with Yokogawa to develop cutting-edge technology for SAF production 9/22
- Oil prices rise as Russia fuel export ban stokes supply concerns 9/22
- Port Arthur LNG Phase 2 Project receives Federal Energy Regulatory Commission authorization 9/22
- EU set to demand e-fuel cars have no climate impact 9/22
- Ethanol groups slam U.S. EPA advisors for report on fuel's 'minimal' climate benefit 9/22
- China climate envoy says phasing out fossil fuels 'unrealistic' 9/22
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group