- Global Energy Infrastructure
Mucek, M. W.
Mark Mucek is the Senior Metallurgist and a Senior Engineering Fellow in the process technology and equipment department with Honeywell UOP. He has more than 38 yr of experience in the petroleum refining industry, and consults worldwide on issues of equipment performance and reliability, fitness-for-service, fabrication, welding, corrosion and materials of construction. He holds BS and MS degrees in metallurgical engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology. Mr. Mucek is a past Chairman of NACE Intl. Specific Technology Group 34, Petroleum Refining and Gas Processing. He is the present Chairman of NACE Task Group 393, “Petroleum Refinery Corrosion Specialist Certification,” and Chairman of ISO 17945, “Materials Resistant to Sulfide Stress Cracking in Corrosive Petroleum Refining Environments.” Mr. Mucek is also a member of the NACE Intl. Institute Specialty Board of Oil/Gas Production and Process Facility Corrosion Certifications, as well as a member of the General Education Subcommittee.
Environment & Safety / Process Optimization / Refining / Aromatics / Construction / Corrosion / Desulfurization / Engineering & Design / Environment / Equipment / Hydrotreating / Loss Prevention / Safety / Sulfur
Hydrotreating is a staple process found in nearly every refinery. The process removes undesirable feed contaminants, such as sulfur, nitrogen and metals, and saturates olefins and/or aromatics to produce high-quality products.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Digital Exclusive: Bio-based aromatics give pathway to drop-in 100% SAF 12/4
- Digital Feature: Enhancing ethylene cracker radiant tube integrity through innovative robotic inspection 12/4
- Suez Canal and Scatec sign $1.1-B green methanol MoU 12/4
- Kuwait's al-Zour refinery now fully operational 12/4
- Petroecuador says crude oil output surpasses 400,000 bpd 12/4
- Russia's seaborne diesel exports rose in November with the ban lifted and increased production 12/4
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group