- Global Energy Infrastructure
Johnston, J. E.
Jim Johnston is the Principal Engineer and Business Director for Bath Group Process Safety Management. He is nationally recognized as an expert on the topic of process electrical safety in hazardous locations. He earned a BSEE degree from the University of Houston and is registered as a professional engineer in Texas. Mr. Johnston has more than 40 yr of experience in the petrochemical and petroleum industries. He has designed process safety shutdown systems, performed electrical safety reviews, implemented compliance design solutions, participated in process safety reviews and installed field instrumentation application and control system designs. He has also been published in several trade journals.
On November 30, 2013, an explosion and fire occurred at the UCB Farchim SA site in Switzerland. Fortunately, no injuries or fatalities occurred.
As safety becomes increasingly paramount at hydrocarbon processing facilities, so too does the importance of addressing and clarifying the confusion associated with hazardous area classification (HAC) assessments and compliance auditing in Class 1 locations.
Here's a common-sense approach using a basic four-part process
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Russia may ease ban on diesel exports soon 10/4
- U.S. energy company HIF Global, Japan's Eneos to explore cooperation in e-fuels 10/4
- Kuwait's Kipic says third refinery at Al Zour oil compound to start operation before end of October 10/4
- India buys less Russian oil while Turkey increases its purchases 10/4
- Belize to launch project to make biofuel from seaweed clogging Caribbean coasts 10/4
- Egypt, Maersk's C2X sign agreement worth up to $3 B for production of green fuel 10/4
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group