- Global Energy Infrastructure
Johnston, J. E.
Jim Johnston is the Principal Engineer and Business Director for Bath Group Process Safety Management. He is nationally recognized as an expert on the topic of process electrical safety in hazardous locations. He earned a BSEE degree from the University of Houston and is registered as a professional engineer in Texas. Mr. Johnston has more than 40 yr of experience in the petrochemical and petroleum industries. He has designed process safety shutdown systems, performed electrical safety reviews, implemented compliance design solutions, participated in process safety reviews and installed field instrumentation application and control system designs. He has also been published in several trade journals.
On November 30, 2013, an explosion and fire occurred at the UCB Farchim SA site in Switzerland. Fortunately, no injuries or fatalities occurred.
As safety becomes increasingly paramount at hydrocarbon processing facilities, so too does the importance of addressing and clarifying the confusion associated with hazardous area classification (HAC) assessments and compliance auditing in Class 1 locations.
Here's a common-sense approach using a basic four-part process
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- ORLEN partners with Yokogawa to develop cutting-edge technology for SAF production 9/22
- Oil prices rise as Russia fuel export ban stokes supply concerns 9/22
- Port Arthur LNG Phase 2 Project receives Federal Energy Regulatory Commission authorization 9/22
- EU set to demand e-fuel cars have no climate impact 9/22
- Ethanol groups slam U.S. EPA advisors for report on fuel's 'minimal' climate benefit 9/22
- China climate envoy says phasing out fossil fuels 'unrealistic' 9/22
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group