- Global Energy Infrastructure
Quan Yang is a Sulzer Senior Technical Expert, specializing in mass transfer components. He is in charge of air separation knowledge management within Sulzer Chemtech. Recently, his field expanded to process optimization for DWC. He holds a PhD in environmental engineering from the National University of Singapore.
The use of dividing wall columns (DWCs) has been a hot topic over the past decades, as DWCs can potentially bring huge savings in operational costs and capital investment.
The maldistribution of liquid flow within long packed beds is a well-known phenomenon in distillation and absorption columns. In a packed column, the maldistribution of liquid results in differences in liquid concentration across the column.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- China Shipbuilding’s and Lemissoler’s first methanol-fueled Ultramax bulk carrier receives ABS approval 12/8
- RTX's Pratt & Whitney Canada and Leonardo achieve first 100% SAF flight with AW139 helicopter 12/8
- Maersk to deploy first large methanol-enabled vessel on Asia - Europe trade lane 12/8
- Shell sees $6 B in oil and gas investments in Nigeria 12/8
- Mexico's Pemex eyeing later refinery start-up date, months after initial announcement 12/8
- Indonesia's Pertamina starts carbon injection tests in Sukowati oil and gas field 12/8
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group