- Global Energy Infrastructure
Norm Lieberman graduated with a degree in chemical engineering from The Cooper Union in New York in 1964. In 1965, while working for Amoco Oil, he designed the first complex fractionator using a computer simulation (i.e., with side draws, side strippers and pumparounds). Over 18,000 engineers and technicians have attended Mr. Lieberman’s refinery troubleshooting seminars since 1983. Based in New Orleans, Mr. Lieberman specializes in the retrofit design of crude units, FCU fractionators, delayed cokers, sulfuric acid alkylation plants and sulfur recovery units. He can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
While the ultimate purpose of operating a refinery is to produce gasoline, diesel or asphalt, key objectives include improving return on investment (ROI), net profitability and cash flow.
Carbon Management / Compressors / Americas / Loss Prevention / Maintenance & Reliability / Petrochemicals / Pumps / Process Optimization / Turbines
A system of compressors powered by surface condensing steam turbines is inherent in the operation of a typical ethane cracker unit.
Process Optimization / Refining / Analyzers / Construction / Crude oil / Distillation / Engineering & Design / Hydrotreating / Loss Prevention / Piping / Sulfur / Treating / Americas
Process unit revamps often do not result in a refiner achieving its desired objectives. This is typically not the result of mechanical defects with process equipment.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- ORLEN partners with Yokogawa to develop cutting-edge technology for SAF production 9/22
- Oil prices rise as Russia fuel export ban stokes supply concerns 9/22
- Port Arthur LNG Phase 2 Project receives Federal Energy Regulatory Commission authorization 9/22
- EU set to demand e-fuel cars have no climate impact 9/22
- Ethanol groups slam U.S. EPA advisors for report on fuel's 'minimal' climate benefit 9/22
- China climate envoy says phasing out fossil fuels 'unrealistic' 9/22
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group