- Global Energy Infrastructure
David Engel is Managing Director of Nexo Solutions and Global Technology Leader for Exion Systems. He holds a BS degree in industrial chemistry from the University of Santiago, Chile, and a PhD in organic chemistry from Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana. Dr. Engel has published more than 75 articles and has 18 invention patents in his name.
Amine units, and to a lesser extent tail gas treating units (TGTUs), experience occasional “shoe polish” sludge contamination.
Manage contaminants in amine treating units—Part 2: Rich amine filtration, inlet separation and amine foaming
The installation and operation of suitable separation and filtration systems have become key components of virtually all process units, especially amine units.
Installation and operation of suitable contaminant removal systems, such as filtration, coalescing and adsorption equipment, have become key components in amine units.
Capacity and throughput improvement in a refinery LPG treating unit are made possible by implementing an amine recovery program.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Digital Feature: Guiding a chopper valve application 11/30
- U.S. ethanol industry needs carbon capture to feed aviation fuel market 11/30
- Air Liquide selected for development of a large scale SAF project in the UK 11/30
- WTO agrees dispute panel to review EU import duties on Indonesian biodiesel 11/30
- Certification of the recyclability of multilayer films containing polyamide expanded 11/30
- Net-zero chemicals industry initiative relaunches as the Global Impact Coalition 11/30
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group