- Global Energy Infrastructure
LNG players are living in a time of falling gas demand, plunging prices and a world awash with LNG. In 2008, global LNG trade reached 171.1 million metric tons (MMton), which represented a 0.4% (or 0...
The need in a downturn is an actionable plan with strong leadership and a commitment to carry it out. So said Paul Newman, global manager for service and implementation with Shell Global Solutions. Sp..
Demand swings vex refiners The refining industry is grappling with shifting scenarios for tomorrow's energy landscape. One scenario has the US beco..
Deal activity in the energy sector offered a schizophrenic character in 2008. The first half of the year started with a fairly robust number of transactions, until commodity prices began a steep decli..
As with many industries, the US and Canadian industrial valve industry saw the steady climb in sales and profits of the last decade turn around in the past year to experience a decline. However, the d..
The viewpoint on energy policy is an inverted "bell" shaped curve, according to John Hoffmeister, CEO of the Citizens for Affordable Energy at a recent Energy Hot Topics seminar in Houston, Texas (www..
Utility companies across the EU registered all-time peak electric and gas usage during the winter of 2008-2009. Action on the EU goal of reducing energy usage 20% by 2020 through energy efficiency cou..
US refiners ending maintenance season By April, refiners in the US are typically coming out of maintenance and ramping up production of gasoline fo..
After 17 years of continuous strong growth, China has become the world's third largest economic power and the country's economy has been more integrated into the global economy than ever in its histor..
US refineries, particularly those in the East Coast and Gulf Coast regions, are most vulnerable to utilization cuts and will have to reduce throughputs further as a result of the economic downturn, ac..
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- China Shipbuilding’s and Lemissoler’s first methanol-fueled Ultramax bulk carrier receives ABS approval 12/8
- RTX's Pratt & Whitney Canada and Leonardo achieve first 100% SAF flight with AW139 helicopter 12/8
- Maersk to deploy first large methanol-enabled vessel on Asia - Europe trade lane 12/8
- Shell sees $6 B in oil and gas investments in Nigeria 12/8
- Mexico's Pemex eyeing later refinery start-up date, months after initial announcement 12/8
- Indonesia's Pertamina starts carbon injection tests in Sukowati oil and gas field 12/8
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group