- Global Energy Infrastructure
Chang, G. S.
Geun-Soo Chang is a principal process engineer and leader of the plant basic engineering group for GS E&C, Seoul, Korea. He holds an MS degree from Seoul National University in chemical engineering. He has contributed to basic and detailed engineering, commissioning and troubleshooting for numerous EPC projects for refineries and petrochemical plants.
Most hydroprocessing reactors are fixed-bed reactors comprising several catalyst beds that are divided by quench zones containing mixing chambers that introduce a vapor-quenching medium.
Petrochemicals / Process Control / Process Optimization / Refining / Compressors / Engineering & Design / Pumps / Turbines
In a refinery or petrochemical plant, certain equipment can create “gray areas” between process engineers and instrument engineers.
A rigorous and accurate performance evaluation of existing equipment is a key factor for the success of a plant revamp study.
Vapor-liquid distributors are a crucial element of reactor internals for maximizing catalyst utilization of fixed-bed reactors.
The history of the refinery and petrochemical industry is filled with a variety of challenges, followed by the development of state-of-the-art technologies to overcome those hurdles. New legislation has required more environmentally friendly product specifications, while energy costs have kept rising.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Indonesia allots 13.41 MM kiloliters of biodiesel for mandatory blending in 2024 12/7
- Heidelberg University and BASF extend collaboration at jointly operated catalysis laboratory CaRLa for five more years 12/7
- EU regulators fine ethanol producer Lantmannen $51 MM over ethanol benchmarks cartel 12/7
- India curbs ethanol production from cane juice to boost sugar supplies 12/7
- Venezuela's PDVSA authorizes first two oil cargoes to India after sanctions relief 12/7
- P1 Fuels and Carbon Recycling International sign contract to deliver e-fuel production unit to Germany 12/7
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group