- Global Energy Infrastructure
James Noland is the General Manager of Refining and Petrochemicals–North America for Dorf Ketal. He has 20 yr of experience in risk management, process engineering and specialty chemical sales and service for the refining and petrochemical industries. Before joining Dorf Ketal, Mr. Noland was the Process Engineering Team Leader for ConocoPhillips at the Borger refinery, and held technical, sales and management roles in CPI and refining for Nalco. He holds a BS degree in chemical engineering from Mississippi State University.
Environment & Safety / Petrochemicals / Process Optimization / Aromatics / Environment / People / Polymers / Products / Safety / Americas
The manufacturing of styrene commonly uses 2,4-dinitro-6-sec butylphenol (DNBP) as a retarder to protect against styrene polymer formation.
For corrosion risk assessment and control, ample published research exists on the inherent corrosivity of combinations of naphthenic acid and sulfur in refining systems, but not on the chemistry and mechanism of corrosion inhibitors. This work offers refinery engineers insight into the construction of corrosion inhibitor molecules, as well as how differences in molecules impact the performance of the inhibitor and the risk of fouling in crude units and hydroprocessing units.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Repsol selects Honeywell Ecofining Technology for biofuel production in Spain 10/3
- AFPM Summit 2023 – Excellence and Plant Performance 10/3
- Carbon Recycling International and Jiangsu Sailboat start up world’s most efficient CO2-to-methanol plant 10/3
- AWS launches process optimization solution for downstream and midstream operations 10/3
- ADNOC to be first company in the Middle East to receive ISCC Certification to produce SAF 10/3
- Malaysia mulls expansion of B10 biodiesel usage to industrial sector 10/3
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group