- Global Energy Infrastructure
Ashfaq Anwer is an Inspection Professional with 15 yr of experience in ammonia-urea complexes, petrochemical units, and oil and gas industries. He has extensive expertise in material selection, corrosion mapping and control, fitness-for-service studies, defining inspection framework and implementing inspection plans for old and new units.
Operations within the hydrocarbon industry involve numerous hazards to be identified, mitigated and maintained at as low a level as reasonably practicable.
At petrochemical and refining facilities, it is common for U-clamps over piping runs to become corroded, sometimes to the extent where they are completely thinned out.
After carbon steel, stainless steel remains the most commonly used material in the petrochemicals and oil and gas industries.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Digital Exclusive: Bio-based aromatics give pathway to drop-in 100% SAF 12/4
- Digital Feature: Enhancing ethylene cracker radiant tube integrity through innovative robotic inspection 12/4
- Suez Canal and Scatec sign $1.1-B green methanol MoU 12/4
- Kuwait's al-Zour refinery now fully operational 12/4
- Petroecuador says crude oil output surpasses 400,000 bpd 12/4
- Russia's seaborne diesel exports rose in November with the ban lifted and increased production 12/4
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group