- Global Energy Infrastructure
Brad Buecker is Senior Technical Publicist with ChemTreat. He has many years of experience in or affiliated with the power industry, much of it in steam generation chemistry, water treatment, air quality control, and results engineering positions with City Water, Light & Power (Springfield, Illinois) and Kansas City Power & Light Co.’s (now Evergy) La Cygne, Kansas station. He also spent 2 yr as acting water/wastewater supervisor at a chemical plant. Mr. Buecker holds a BS degree in chemistry from Iowa State University with additional coursework in fluid mechanics, energy and materials balances, and advanced inorganic chemistry. He is a member of the ACS, AIChE, AIST, AMPP (NACE) ASME, the IWC Advisory Council, the Electric Utility Chemistry Workshop planning committee, and the Power-Gen planning committee. Mr. Buecker has authored many articles and three books on power plant and water/steam chemistry.
HRSG water/steam sampling: Do it right or face potential consequences
Environment & Safety / Gas Processing/LNG / Maintenance & Reliability / Petrochemicals / Process Optimization / Refining / Analyzers / Corrosion / Engineering & Design / Environment / Equipment / Heat Transfer / Natural Gas / Piping / Products / Pumps / Safety / Valves
Many large industrial facilities—including refineries, and chemical and petrochemical plants—are increasingly turning to co-generation for process steam and power production.
Advanced methods for controlling boiler tube corrosion and fouling—Part 2
Maintenance & Reliability / Refining / Boilers / Corrosion / Furnaces / Heat Transfer / Loss Prevention
In Part 1 of this article, the authors covered techniques for minimizing corrosion and contaminant ingress from condensate return and feedwater to industrial steam generators.
Advanced methods for controlling boiler tube corrosion and fouling—Part 1
Many heavy industrial plants, such as refineries and petrochemical facilities, require steam for numerous processes, including powering turbines, providing energy for a variety of unit operations and even heating buildings in some locations.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Kazakhstan’s oil output drops 3% in May vs April to 1.55 million bpd 6/5
- Saudi Arabia's 'icing on the cake' oil cut could feed U.S. producers 6/5
- Ports in China's oil hub Shandong scrutinizing old tankers 6/5
- Naphtha tank at Calcasieu Refining catches fire due to lightning 6/5
- Russia fully enforces its oil output cuts 6/5
- Catalytic cracking unit at Venezuela's Cardon refinery shut down 6/5
- VOC reduction at Raffineria di Milazzo’s SRU complex—Part 2
- Digital Technologies: Do not just monitor bad actor machines: Start when they are healthy
- Editorial Comment
- Maintenance and Reliability: Non-standard flanges for catalytic cracking units
- How companies can take advantage of APM solutions to reduce planned maintenance
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group