- Global Energy Infrastructure
Kurt Kraetsch is a Technical Staff Consultant with ChemTreat. He has 20 yr of experience in the specialty chemical industry, heavily focused on boilers in the chemical, refining, and petrochemical industries. He also has an additional 10 yr of chemistry and steam plant operational experience from the U.S. Navy while serving aboard nuclear submarines. Mr. Kraetsch holds a BS degree in nuclear engineering technology from Thomas Edison State University in Trenton, New Jersey.
Maintenance & Reliability / Refining / Boilers / Corrosion / Furnaces / Heat Transfer / Loss Prevention
In Part 1 of this article, the authors covered techniques for minimizing corrosion and contaminant ingress from condensate return and feedwater to industrial steam generators.
Many heavy industrial plants, such as refineries and petrochemical facilities, require steam for numerous processes, including powering turbines, providing energy for a variety of unit operations and even heating buildings in some locations.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Virgin Atlantic jet completes maiden transatlantic flight on 100% SAF 12/1
- Alaska Airlines partners with CHOOOSE to empower guests to reduce emissions and support growth of the SAF market 12/1
- India resumes imports of Venezuelan oil, Reliance seeks direct deal 12/1
- Brazil's Petrobras cuts jet fuel prices by around 6% 12/1
- Cosmo Oil and Yokogawa start exploring possibilities for refinery digitalization 12/1
- EPA fines Iowa ethanol producer for alleged clean air act violations 12/1
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group