- Global Energy Infrastructure
Telmesani, A. A.
Ahmed A. Telmesani is a Maintenance Engineer for Yanbu Saudi Aramco Sinopec Refinery (YASREF). His responsibilities and areas of focus include eliminating failures, enhancing systems reliability, power saving initiatives, early failure detection and continuous preventive maintenance review and enhancement. He previously spent 10 yr with Saudi Aramco. Mr. Telmesani earned his BS degree in mechanical engineering from King Fahad University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
Multiple mechanical seal failures in a crude distillation unit (CDU) resulted in total losses of $3 MM in a refinery since its startup in January 2015. The maximum seal life achieved did not exceed 6 mos, which was much shorter than the American Petroleum Institute (API) 682 “Advancements in Mechanical Sealing” goal of 3 yr of seal life.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Digital Exclusive: Bio-based aromatics give pathway to drop-in 100% SAF 12/4
- Digital Feature: Enhancing ethylene cracker radiant tube integrity through innovative robotic inspection 12/4
- Suez Canal and Scatec sign $1.1-B green methanol MoU 12/4
- Kuwait's al-Zour refinery now fully operational 12/4
- Petroecuador says crude oil output surpasses 400,000 bpd 12/4
- Russia's seaborne diesel exports rose in November with the ban lifted and increased production 12/4
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group