- Global Energy Infrastructure
Leslie McHenry is an Applications Supervisor for XOS. With more than two decades of experience in petroleum applications—first as a chemist specializing in downstream product analysis at a North American petroleum refinery, then as an Applications Scientist and Supervisor at XOS—McHenry is recognized as an industry expert. She is the author of numerous white papers and ASTM XRF method revisions, including D7039, D7536, D7757 and the addition of Procedure C for XRF to ASTM D4929 “Determination of chloride content in crude oil.” As a former XOS customer, McHenry enjoys assisting others with their elemental analysis testing challenges.
According to the European Committee for Standardization (EN), both ultraviolet fluorescence (ISO 20846, sulfur by UVF) and wavelength dispersive x-ray fluorescence (ISO 20884, sulfur by WDXRF) are applicable test methods for fatty acid methyl ester (FAME), also known as biodiesel (EN 14214), and both are listed as referee methods. However, the situation is different at ASTM International (formerly the American Society for Testing and Materials).
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Virent and Johnson Matthey's SAF breakthrough powers Virgin Atlantic's historic 100% sustainable transatlantic flight 11/29
- EY partners with Aspen Technology to enhance clients’ sustainability, streamline manufacturing, and modernize utility grids 11/29
- MAN Energy Solutions to build reactor for renewable fuels 11/29
- Port Hedland, WA, boosts LNG production and bunkering, aiming for IMO 2050 'zero-emissions' with onboard hydrogen 11/29
- Neste and ENOC Group enter into collaboration to drive SAF initiatives in Dubai and the MENA Region 11/29
- Dow's board of directors approves final investment decision for Path2Zero Project 11/28
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group