- Global Energy Infrastructure
Ezzat, A. A.
Abbas Ezzat is a Petrochemical Professor at Pharos University and a Distinguished Scientist at Alexandria University’s materials science department at the Institute of Graduate Studies and Research. In addition, he is a local consult for the Egyptian petroleum/petrochemical sectors and a senior associate consultant for Channoil Consulting Ltd., London. Prior to joining academia, he occupied several top management positions in the Egyptian petroleum/petrochemical industries. Dr. Ezzat earned an MSc degree in chemical engineering from Washington University and a PhD in petrochemical applications from Alexandria University in Egypt.
Environment & Safety / Maintenance & Reliability / Petrochemicals / Process Optimization / Refining / Engineering & Design / Environment / Equipment / Information Systems / Loss Prevention / People / Piping / Polymers / Products
In the petrochemical industry, business leaders are continuing to push for new approaches to optimize technology applications without disrupting their operational targets and key performance indicators.
Many industrial processes can generate carbon dioxide from fossil fuels. Recently, these processes have contributed to an average annual release of more than 30 Btpy of carbon dioxide into the environment.
One of the most important challenges facing the Egyptian economy is the growing demand for petrochemicals in different sectors, particularly plastic materials and composites.
The petrochemical industry relies on an extensive supply chain system to bring products and services to competitive markets.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Taiwan's CPC Corp seeks second jet fuel cargo this year 9/26
- Square Robot revolutionizes robotic tank inspections with EPRI’s Incubatenergy Labs 9/26
- Kuwait's oil exports shift from crude oil to petroleum products 9/26
- Indonesia's Pertamina aims to finish revamping TPPI petrochemical plant in Q4 9/26
- DHL and Sasol join hydrogen firm HH2E on sustainable jet fuel project 9/25
- Indorama Ventures achieves 100 billion PET bottles recycling milestone 9/25
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group