- Global Energy Infrastructure
is the head of the process engineering department at L&T-Chiyoda Ltd. He has more than 30 years of experience in process design. He holds an MS degree in chemical engineering and has served as vice chairman for IIChE’s Baroda Center.
Heat exchanger tubes tend to vibrate when influenced by crossflow velocities.
Emergency depressurization is a safety provision designed to release gas from a high-pressure system during emergency situations, such as a fire. An overview of cold depressurization is provided, including factors affecting the temperature profiles and critical factors considered while performing the study.
Emergency depressurization is one of the most important design provisions for safeguarding facilities in case of an emergency. To overcome limitations of flare system capacity during such a scenario, depressurization can be practiced in a sequential manner. Presented here are the criteria and calculation methods for designing sequential depressurization, along with guidelines for the implementation of recommended designs.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Discovering Honeywell's pathways to sustainability: Highlights from Global Sustainability Week 9/27
- bp's Peacock Project secures exclusive power deal with ExxonMobil-SABIC JV for sustainable materials production 9/27
- Shipping industry lacks clarity on future clean fuels on path towards decarbonization 9/27
- Neste expands its renewable fuels supply capabilities in Southern California (U.S.) 9/27
- Técnicas Reunidas and Sinopec Engineering Group sign a Strategic Alliance Cooperation Agreement 9/27
- How serious is Russia's fuel export ban and who will be hit? 9/27
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group