- Global Energy Infrastructure
Russell B. Merriam is a Senior Principal Engineer for Farris Engineering Service and is actively involved with pressure relief calculation studies, including contingency analysis, calculations for distillation towers and other challenging calculations, audits of calculations, and training on company proprietary software. Merriam has been using and assisting in program development for this software since he started working for Farris Engineering Services in 2004. He is an active participant in the DIERS Group, and worked in the petrochemical industry for more than 21 yr prior to joining Farris Engineering Services.
Extensive guidance is available for relief protection of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code (B&PVC) Section VIII process equipment for scores of applications, such as run-away reactions, distillation and heat exchangers. Sources include ASME, American Petroleum Institute (API) and the Design Institute for Emergency Relief Systems (DIERS), among others.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Digital Exclusive: Bio-based aromatics give pathway to drop-in 100% SAF 12/4
- Digital Feature: Enhancing ethylene cracker radiant tube integrity through innovative robotic inspection 12/4
- Suez Canal and Scatec sign $1.1-B green methanol MoU 12/4
- Kuwait's al-Zour refinery now fully operational 12/4
- Petroecuador says crude oil output surpasses 400,000 bpd 12/4
- Russia's seaborne diesel exports rose in November with the ban lifted and increased production 12/4
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group