- Global Energy Infrastructure
Mike Simpson studied chemistry at Oxford University (Exeter College) between 1970 and 1974, and has been engaged with FT-IR spectroscopy as an analytical tool since taking his PhD in chemistry at Nottingham University in 1982. Since 1994, Dr. Simpson has been closely involved in the development of FT-NIR analyzers for the monitoring and optimization of industrial processes, particularly refinery hydrocarbon streams including crude distillation, conversion unit operations and final product blending. He has been involved as an applications scientist on projects, in technical sales support and in marketing and portfolio development. He manages the FT-NIR product portfolio for ABB in refinery applications.
First, we must consider the background: Why is optimization of refinery process units so common and so necessary, and what analytical tools exist to help?
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Digital Feature: Enhancing ethylene cracker radiant tube integrity through innovative robotic inspection 12/4
- Suez Canal and Scatec sign $1.1-B green methanol MoU 12/4
- Kuwait's al-Zour refinery now fully operational 12/4
- Petroecuador says crude oil output surpasses 400,000 bpd 12/4
- Russia's seaborne diesel exports rose in November with the ban lifted and increased production 12/4
- Vietjet and Novus Aviation Capital sign MoUs for aircraft financing, leasing, and SAF development 12/4
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group