- Global Energy Infrastructure
Park, G. W.
Gi Won Park works for Kuwait Oil Co. and has 24 yr of experience in process design and operations. He has served as Senior Process Engineer and Engineering Team Leader for various projects and revamp tasks, including three billion-dollar projects of grassroots plants, such as FCC and PDH in the Korean refining (SK Energy) and petrochemicals industries. He holds two U.S. patents and an international patent for process technologies. He earned a BS degree in chemical engineering from Dong-A University in Busan, Korea.
Each year, significant economic losses due to corrosion failures occur in the refining and petrochemical industries; unfortunately, many of these losses could have been prevented.
Environment & Safety / Process Optimization / Refining / Boilers / Carbon Management / Economics / Engineering & Design / Environment / Equipment / Furnaces / Safety / Sulfur / Treating / Utilities
Since the 1940s, the present form of the Claus sulfur recovery unit (SRU) has been successfully applied in the refining and gas processing industries.
Sour gas amine treatment and sulfur recovery facilities are required for most integrated refineries that are treating high- or medium-sulfur crudes.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Mexico's Energy Secretary authorizes the construction of country's first catalyzer plant 9/21
- Vietnam's Nghi Son refinery to restart some units from Oct 7-9 after maintenance 9/21
- Russia cuts September seaborne diesel exports to meet domestic shortage 9/21
- Singapore's middle distillates stocks stable; gasoil net exports slip for second week 9/21
- Indian chemicals maker Epigral expects revenue from newer CPVC products to surge this year 9/21
- Russia imposes temporary restrictions on fuel exports 9/21
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group